Senior MMIC/Microwave Electronics design Engineer
General Overview of the Position
Arralis is a rapidly expanding high technology company that leads the field with its extensive millimetre wave product range, that include MMics, modules, and antennas. Arralis is poised for further expansion in markets such as 5G communications, Defence, Aerospace, Autonomous Vehicles, and Satellite development.
Arralis’ rapid growth means there are good opportunities for career development as well as a generous share option scheme (qualifying period).
What sort of work would you be involved in?
You will be involved in the full hardware lifecycle for customer’s products ranging from system concept, through detailed design, prototyping, test and verification, system integration and support in production. You will develop a range of multifunctional MMIC/Microwave designs using the latest technologies available and enhancing your understanding of key design and manufacture processes. You will have opportunity to contribute to the future path of hardware development within the Arralis
Desirable Attributes/ Key Responsibilities:
As a MMIC/Microwave Development Engineer you will be involved in;
- Full hardware lifecycle for customer’s products: From system concept, through detailed design and prototyping, test and verification, system integration and support in production.
- Create high quality and robust designs, for fully documenting and recording your work products, keeping them under configuration management and providing plans and progress reports.
- Develop a range of multifunctional MMIC designs using the latest technologies available and enhancing your understanding of key design and manufacture processes.
- Provide technical support to MMIC foundries and interface with engineering functions through manufacture, development and production test verification.
- Work closely with Systems, Test and Electronics engineers you will be solving real integration problems on complex systems.
- Dependent on experience, supervise a small team, taking responsibility for planning and managing the workload for both you and the team, ensuring robust engineering solutions are in place.
- Documenting various aspects of the projects at different stages.
- Understanding of project plans and help the relevant manager to implement it.
Skills & Qualifications
In order to be considered for this role you will ideally have;
- Experience working in a similar electronics role and level.
- First or second Degree in Electronic Engineering (BSc, BEng, MEng, MSc, PhD, EngD) or a related science with specialisation in RF/Microwave circuit design and test. This will ideally include S-parameter manipulation; EM simulation; Non-linear circuit simulation and modelling, matching network design and Microwave component selection.
- Expert knowledge in one or more of AWR Microwave office, CST Microwave studio, Agilent ADS, or AWR Visual System Simulator would be advantageous.
- Knowledge and practical design experience of some of the following; MMIC HPA; LNA, Synthesisers and phase shifter design techniques; Microwave test including advanced calibration, de-embedding techniques and RFoW; GaAs/GaN MMIC or SiGe RFIC foundry technologies; familiarity.
Support and work with teams in Belfast/ Limerick, willingness to travel