Head of Engineering
General Overview of the Company
Arralis is a leader in advanced millimetre wave technology. We operate in the communications, satellite, aerospace, and defence markets with innovative monolithic microwave integrated circuits (mimics), packaged modules, sub- systems and complete high definition radars and satellite transceivers.
We have locations in UK, Ireland and USA; in Florida we are building an ITAR compliant design and production facility.
Overview of the role
The position requires you oversea and manage final assembly of Ka Band satellite transceivers; Power Amplifier Modules and W Band Modules.
You will be required to perform tests and measurements; quality checks, fault find, suggest design improvements and be fluent in wire-bonding and die attach of GaAs and GaN MMICs.
You will also need to design microwave printed circuits, microwave chips passive and active and test and measurement fixtures, jigs and programmes.
Duties and responsibilities will include
- You will need to:
• Make measurements using signal generators, power meters, spectrum analysers and network analysers
• Write test programmes using a platform such as Labview
• Work with engineering to design test plans for new products
• Design test fixtures, where possible, to automate tests
• Work with supply chain management to ensure that stocks of components and assemblies are adequate
• Work with the QA manager to ensure standard procedures are follows
• Identify and manage risks to ensure delivery is on time
• Implement any necessary changes throughout the process including remedial actions to rescue time and cost overruns.
• Report regularly to management and the client
• Good Organisational and Time Management skills
• Can design passive MMICs (chips)
• Can solder, wire bond and die attach
• Attention to detail
• Good communication skills with sales, engineering and clients
• Firm understanding of microwave principles and devices
• Practical ability more important than academic
• Fast learner, ambitious
• Must understand fully the technology Arralis develops, (at system level) to include:
• Millimetre wave and Microwave circuits
• MMIC design
• Software design skills such as Cadence or ADS
• Transceiver system design
Qualifications and experience
Experience in a similar position
Degree or HNC (ex-forces also considered)
Salary will depend upon experience; candidates will need to be willing to re-locate. Arralis offers a pleasant but industrious working environment, free parking, industry beating 8% pension contribution and private health care.