Embedded Software Engineer
Embedded Team Lead
General Overview of the Company
Arralis is a leader in advanced millimetre wave technology. We operate in the communications, satellite, aerospace, and defence markets with innovative monolithic microwave integrated circuits (mimics), packaged modules, sub- systems and complete high definition radars and satellite transceivers.
We have locations in UK, Ireland and USA; in Florida we are building an ITAR compliant design and production facility.
Overview of the role
As an Embedded Software Engineer you will develop, test and implement software for the development of radar and communication systems in an exciting and innovative team. Manage software and firmware requirements.
Duties and responsibilities will include
Design, develop, verify and maintain embedded software for cutting-edge communications and high-resolution radar systems.
Test embedded hardware and firmware as well as perform test driven development where applicable.
Incorporate builds into continuous integration where applicable.
- Experience in embedded C/C++ programming. Developing for embedded Linux systems.
Knowledge of RTOS, ARM or other 32-bit/64-bit MCUs. Experience with reading and understanding schematics. Knowledge of HLS, FPGA, SOC
- System testing and debugging using JTAG, Serial Wire Debug (SWD).
- Experience with communication protocols such as TCP-IP/ SPI/I2C/UART/USB/CAN.
- Strong software development skills including design, implementation, testing, documentation, and debugging.
- Strong development best practices including design/code reviews, testing/regression, ‘Git’ version control and user documentation.
- Excellent verbal communication and writing skills.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
- The individual must be well organised, and detail-oriented. A self-starter who is capable of identifying problems, taking initiative to propose solutions, and successfully executing plans.
- Experience of working with MS Windows/Linux, IAR Embedded Workbench, Python and Qt.
- Knowledge of wireless communications and radar.
- Knowledge of RF components/systems.
- Experience of system modelling/testing with MATLAB/Simulink.
Qualifications and experience
Degree in Electrical & Electronic Engineering, Software Engineering, Computer Science or related discipline.
3+ years’ embedded software and hardware development.