Location/ Based: Chippenham
Reports To: Engineering Manager
General Overview Of The Position:
Arralis is a rapidly expanding high technology company that leads the field with its extensive millimetre wave product range that include MMICs, modules, radars, modems, and antennas. Arralis is poised for further expansion in markets such as 5G communications, defence, aerospace, autonomous vehicles, and satellite development.
Arralis’ rapid growth means there are good opportunities for career development.
What sort of work would you be involved in?
As a DSP FPGA Design Engineer, you will work with a small team of hardware, software, and mechanical design engineers to assist with the design and development of sub-systems and systems. The role involves working from specification through to hardware testing, verification and production support.
Key responsibilities / Desirable attributes
- Have in-depth knowledge of digital signal processing for radar, software defined radio applications
- Design and development of complex FPGA designs and bespoke DSP algorithms
- Implement new FPGA designs, using VHDL primarily for Xilinx devices
- Use modern simulation and verification techniques to create comprehensive testing/simulation environments Evaluate and test signal processing function and performance
- Full hardware lifecycle for customers’ products: from system concept, through detailed design and prototyping, test and verification, system integration and support in production
- Create high quality and robust designs, fully documenting and recording your work products, keeping them under configuration management and providing plans and progress reports
- Work closely with Systems, Test and Electronics Engineers you will be solving real integration problems on complex systems
- Dependent on experience, supervise a small team, taking responsibility for planning and managing the workload for both you and the team, ensuring robust engineering solutions are in place
- Documenting various aspects of the projects at different stages
- Understanding of project plans and help the relevant manager to implement it
Skills & Qualifications:
In order to be considered for this role you will ideally have following key skills for the role:
- Bachelor’s (or higher) degree in Electronics / Embedded Hardware Engineering or equivalent
- FPGA design skills using VHDL or Verilog
- Experience with DSP algorithms, design and programming, in-depth experience of a complex DSP project for application in radio frequency and communication
- At least 7+ years of experience in FPGA design for DSP
- Proven experience of working with software design radio
- Strong understanding of digital signal processing theory and principles
Support and work with teams in Belfast/Limerick, willingness to travel
Negotiable depending on experience
If you are interested in this position please send a CV to Careers@arralis.com.