Job Title: FPGA DSP Design Engineer
Arralis is a rapidly expanding high technology company that leads the field with its extensive millimetre wave product range that include MMICs, modules, radars, modems, and antennas. Arralis is poised for further expansion in markets such as 5G communications, defence, aerospace, autonomous vehicles, and satellite development.
Arralis’ rapid growth means there are good opportunities for career development.
What sort of work would you be involved in?
As a DSP FPGA Design Engineer, you will work with a small team of hardware, software, and mechanical design engineers to assist with the design and development of sub-systems and systems. The role involves working from specification through to hardware testing, verification and production support. Specifically, you will be Implementing FMCW DSP algorithms on an FPGA board.
Key responsibilities / Desirable attributes
- To define signal processing DSP blocks for an FMCW radar to measure range and velocity
- To establish SPI communication between the FPGA evaluation board and ADC mezzanine board
- To capture the real time time-domain without any loss of data
- To implement decimation, FFT, filtering, CFAR algorithms
- To implement range and velocity algorithms
- To send post-processed data to the main controller
Skills & Qualifications:
In order to be considered for this role you will ideally have the following key skills for the role:
- Bachelor’s (or higher) degree in Electronics / Embedded Hardware Engineering or equivalent
- FPGA design skills using VHDL or Verilog
- Experience with DSP algorithms, design and programming, in-depth experience of a complex DSP project for application in radio frequency and communication
- Experience on embedded programming
- Strong understanding of digital signal processing theory and sampling theory
- Preferably have skills to create high speed PCB designs
Support and work with teams in Belfast/Limerick, willingness to travel
Negotiable depending on experience
Working onsite in Chippenham, Wiltshire. Relocation packages are available.
If you are interested in this position please send a CV to Careers@arralis.com.