Job Title: RF/Microwave Engineer
Location/ Based: Limerick, Ireland
General Overview Of The Position:
Arralis is a leader in advanced millimetre-wave technology. We operate in the communications, satellite, aerospace, and defense markets with innovative monolithic microwave integrated circuits (MMICs), packaged modules, sub-systems and complete high-definition radars and satellite transceivers.
We have locations in UK, Ireland and USA; in Florida we are building an ITAR compliant design and production facility.
Overview of the role:
Arralis is currently seeking an RF/Microwave Engineer who will work directly with Engineering to support the tasks outlined below. The role has direct involvement in the development of new products in a forward-thinking company. As an RF/Microwave Engineer you will bring products from conception to development. You will join a team with an interest in creating next-generation platforms and technologies for the global market.
Terms: Permanent, full time
Start date: Position is available for immediate start
Duties and responsibilities will include but are not limited to:
- Design both active and passive microwave structures using ADS, CST or Microwave Studio simulation tools.
- Operation of microwave/mm-wave test equipment.
- Ensure that all relevant documentation is filled out correctly.
- Design dc power supply boards.
- Willingness and ability to learn wire bonding and die attach methods.
- Align with internal cross-functional teams and contract manufacturers or vendors to ensure system design, architecture, and verification/validation meets design input.
- Choosing materials, organizing and ordering parts, producing working models of designs and overseeing the testing prototypes.
- Review and analysis of supplier design data, definition of functional test requirements including acceptance, qualification, system integration, and support test execution.
- System design, assembly, integration and test of RF systems and shall be experienced in all phases of system development from conceptualizing solutions through the design, assembly and testing phases.
- System architecture development: develops component specifications, tolerances, simulations and tests procedures.
- System design/analysis: designing, modelling, analyzing, and testing systems and components.
- System performance verification including testing.
- Working within budgets and to deadlines.
- Creating documentation to support product design, manufacture, product validation, marketing etc.
- Develop processes, materials and solutions through in house and out of house development paths.
Knowledge and Experience:
- Candidate must have a suitable degree in Electrical Engineering or Electronic Engineering (or equivalent).
- At least 3 years’ experience is preferable in the RF/Microwave/Semiconductor industry.
- Knowledge and skills in millimetre-wave packaging an advantage.
- Experience with circuit analysis and design, CAD schematic tools, circuit simulation tools, and design evaluation.
- Ability to evaluate alternative circuit approaches and develop the most appropriate choices into robust designs.
- Measurement experience in one or more of the following areas: signal analysers, signal generators, I/Q modulation and demodulation, phase noise measurements, and vector network analysis.
- Knowledge of communication systems, including architectural trade-offs and partitioning impacts.
- Experience with RF and microwave measurement systems.
- Be resourceful with new ideas and applications.
- Ability to work effectively alone and as part of a team.
- Strong communication and verbal skills are essential.
Additional Desired Skills:
- Preferred candidate with working experience in RF/analogue/ electronic design, especially at high frequencies.
- Experience with design tools including schematic capture and layout.
- Experience with ADS, CST or Microwave Studio simulation tools or equivalent.
- Previous experience with wire bonding and die attach a distinct advantage.
If you are interested in this position please send a CV to Careers@arralis.com.